Serve on the ATEC Board
Nominations due Aug. 15, elections scheduled for Sept. 20
The board supports ATEC’s mission and provides leadership and strategic governance. While day-to-day operations are led by business office staff, the board-staff relationship is a partnership, director involvement is critical and expected. Directors must have the following qualifications:
- Professional experience in the aviation technician education industry.
- Proven leadership skills as displayed through professional, community and/or association activities.
- A commitment to and understanding of ATEC’s purpose and mission.
- Representative of an ATEC member.
Director responsibilities include:
- Serving at least one, four-year term (term limits for directors and officers are provided for in the ATEC Bylaws).
- Serving as an advisor to the business office staff as it develops and implements strategic plans.
- Ensuring the organization’s activities are consistent with its purpose and bylaws.
- Prioritizing ATEC initiatives and ensuring sufficient industry impact of chosen activities.
- Reviewing agenda and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings.
- Approving ATEC’s annual budget and material business decisions; being informed of and meeting all legal and fiduciary responsibilities.
- Assisting the nominating committee to identify and recruit directors.
- Serving on at least one committee and taking on special assignments as needed.
- Acting as an ambassador and representative for the organization at industry events.
- Attending quarterly board and committee conference calls.
- Attending, in-person, the annual conference in the spring and board meeting/fly-in in the fall.
Service on ATEC’s Board of Directors is without renumeration, all travel and associated administrative costs are assumed by directors. Open positions are filled each year during the September board meeting.