Instruction & Classroom Support Technician 1 - Aviation/Advanced Avionics, Everett Community College
Instruction & Classroom Support Technician 1 - Aviation/Advanced Avionics
Posting Number: 02169
Job Summary/Basic Function:
This position assists the Program Manager in providing instructional and technical support for aviation and advanced avionics labs. Assists in ensuring that appropriate tools, parts, and equipment are available, well-maintained, and in operational order and that the labs are prepared and ready for projects as schedule dictates. Assist in maintaining appropriate student, staff, and facility safety. Works directly with students, assisting them with necessary support for the accomplishment of aviation and avionics projects and theory assignments. Reports to Associate Dean of Aviation.
• FAA AMT Certificate with Airframe and Powerplant Ratings (or ability to obtain)
• Mechanical aptitude and a willingness to learn
• Adapts in changing environments; able to be flexible in shifting projects or priorities to meet needs
• Professional, ethical, and appropriate in all public and private interactions
• Able to meet deadlines and manage stress well
• Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate with diverse groups to achieve goals
• Comfortable and proficient in communicating and operating in a virtual environment
• Ability to complete required training for specialty equipment
• Can safely operate basic hand or power tools to create simple objects for use by the faculty (e.g. shipping crates, jigs, and cradles)
• Understands basic construction principles
• Must possess a current, valid, unrestricted driver’s license
-Experience with electrical systems, electronics, or avionics.
-1 year maintenance experience
-Experience working with students in a college level or similar training setting.
-Ability to troubleshoot basic computer or printer errors
-Aptitude for conceptualizing and implementing unusual or non-standard ideas
Everett Community College follows the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA ) and provides the following information as a guideline for applicants:
• Ability to safely lift and carry up to 50 pounds
• Ability to bend, squat, sit, stand, reach and work from ladders and other lift equipment at heights usually exceeding 15 feet
• Ability to travel across uneven surfaces
• Ability to work in confined spaces
• Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
• Ability to operate office equipment
• Ability to read and verify data and prepare various materials
• Ability to exchange information on the phone or in person
Work Hours: Full time 12 month position.
Hours: Monday through Friday, 1:30 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. Some weekend hours may be required. Schedule may vary depending on department needs.
Additional $174 per month premium pay for the 1:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. shift.
Posting Date: 03/07/2019
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Everett Community College’s vision, strategic plan and core themes value, respect and uphold diversity, equity, cultural competence and inclusion. Hiring and retaining a diverse workforce is a commitment for our institution.
Everett Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or age.
This position is included in the Washington Federation of State Employees Union.
Notice to Applicants
Prior to hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
In compliance with federal and state regulations, EvCC is committed to a safe and drug-free campus. Employees are required to comply with EvCC’s policy prohibiting illegal drug use or activity, including notification of criminal drug convictions and the use of prescription drugs or over-the-counter medications that are likely to affect job safety.
The complete policy is available at the EvCC Policies page. If you would like a printed copy of the policy, or if you have any questions, please contact the Human Resources Department at 425-388-9229.
Safety and Security
EvCC strives to be a safe, secure and prepared campus for our students, staff and community. Detailed information regarding campus security, crime statistics for the most recent three year period, and other information is available on the Campus Safety, Security and Emergency Management page.
This information is required by law and is provided by the EvCC Security Department. If you would like a printed copy of this information, you may contact the Security Department at (425) 388-9990.
Salary: $36,780 to $47,184 per year plus benefits
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/1413589
ATEC Job Board
Members may email job opportunities to email@example.com for inclusion on the Job Board.