Southwestern Illinois College, a community college offering both transfer and occupational degrees, is accepting applications for a full-time tenure track faculty position in the Aviation Maintenance Technology Program within the Technical Education Division. The start date is dependent upon the availability of the candidates and the Aviation Maintenance Technology Program calendar. The anticipated start date is June 1, 2018.
1. An FAA Airframe & Powerplant License from an approved PART 147 school is required.
2. A Bachelor of Science Degree is required.
3. A valid driver's license is required.
4. Three years of general aviation, air transportation, or military experience as a full-time paid airframe and powerplant mechanic is required.
5. Knowledge of and ability to use personal computers and experience with PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook is required.
6. Two years of teaching experience or corporate training is strongly preferred.
7. Minimum instructor requirements as established by the Board of Trustees and the F.A.A. for all assigned courses must be met.
8. Strong communication, organization, interpersonal, and advising skills is preferred.
9. Experience in outcomes assessment or a quality assurance program is preferred.
10. Experience in working with diverse student populations is preferred.
Duties will include developing, teaching and maintaining lecture and laboratory courses in both a traditional and computer-aided environment within the Airframe and Powerplant curriculum. The individual will also assess student performance and collaborate with other Aviation Maintenance Technology faculty to evaluate the effectiveness of instruction in the program. Opportunities exist for participation in professional development activities and service on departmental/divisional and/or college-wide committees.
For more information and to apply, visit https://hrsa.swic.edu/psc/swhr9prd/EMPLOYEE/SW_HR9_PRD/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?FOCUS=Applicant
ATEC Job Board
Members may email job opportunities to email@example.com for inclusion on the Job Board.