Serve on the ATEC Board
The board supports ATEC’s mission and provides leadership and strategic governance. While day-to-day operations are led by business office staff, the board-staff relationship is a partnership, director involvement is critical and expected. Directors must have the following qualifications:
- Professional experience in the aviation technician education industry.
- Proven leadership skills as displayed through professional, community and/or association activities.
- A commitment to and understanding of ATEC’s purpose and mission.
- Representative of an ATEC member.
- Serving at least one, four-year term (term limits for directors and officers are provided for in the ATEC Bylaws).
- Serving as an advisor to the business office staff as it develops and implements strategic plans.
- Ensuring the organization’s activities are consistent with its purpose and bylaws.
- Prioritizing ATEC initiatives and ensuring sufficient industry impact of chosen activities.
- Reviewing agenda and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings.
- Approving ATEC’s annual budget and material business decisions; being informed of and meeting all legal and fiduciary responsibilities.
- Assisting the nominating committee to identify and recruit directors.
- Serving on at least one committee and taking on special assignments as needed.
- Acting as an ambassador and representative for the organization at industry events.
- Attending quarterly board and committee conference calls.
- Attending, in-person, the annual conference in the spring and board meeting/fly-in in the fall.