Why Join ATEC?
ATEC members are guaranteed a seat at the table as the future of technical workforce development becomes reality. This valuable access comes in many forms; here are just a few direct benefits of membership:
- Representation. ATEC is the voice of aviation technician education, its regulatory and legislative advocacy advances an industry-focused aviation technician workforce agenda. Membership supports the community’s efforts to educate leaders on Capitol Hill and engage with regulators at the Federal Aviation Administration, the Department of Education, and the Department of Labor.
- Information. The monthly newsletter and regular updates ensure you are always in the know on industry developments. Membership also supports publication of the ATEC Journal, a compilation of peer-reviewed papers on teaching techniques and research, and the Pipeline Report, an annual account of trends in aviation workforce development.
- Expertise. The instant resource for regulatory compliance, legislative and media inquiries, ATEC provides practical advice to member organizations. Members have access to A Member Asked, a resource to view commonly-asked questions and answers.
- Networking. Join a community. At the Annual Conference, Washington Fly-in, and regional meetings, members take advantage of discounted rates to network with peers and hear directly from leaders on important issues. Members also have access to the school directory—a compilation of information on aviation programs and contacts—so educators can share ideas and employers can better target recruitment activities. Limited information from the member directory is available to the public through our online school directory.
- Tools. ATEC-developed resources, developed through member collaboration, help instructors and administrators tackle the day-to-day. Check out the media library, online webinars, learning guides, and templates available only to members.
- Awards and Scholarship. Each year the community recognizes outstanding leadership and achievement for one educator and one student through the Ivan D. Livi and James Rardon awards. All members are welcome to nominate individuals for the prestigious award. Membership also supports the online compilation of all scholarships available to current and future aviation professionals, a valuable resource to any individual pursuing careers in aviation.
- Career Awareness. ATEC facilitates online job boards for career opportunities in industry and in education. It also manages Choose Aerospace, partnership of aerospace stakeholders joined together to address one of the biggest threats to continued industry growth: the availability of a diverse, qualified technical workforce. Choose Aerospace also facilitates a scholarship program, available exclusively to ATEC member schools, their students and instructors.