Aviation Maintenance Scholarships and Awards
The council is happy to maintain a compilation of sources of financial support for individuals interested in pursuing or advancing aviation maintenance employment or careers. Send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org to include your organization or opportunity in the list below. For regular announcements on opportunities and deadlines, visit www.atec-amt.org/member-alerts/category/scholarships.
- Aircraft Electronics Association (AEA) Educational Foundation Scholarship program has awarded more than $1 million to students seeking careers in the aircraft electronics and aviation maintenance industry. Numerous scholarships are available ranging from $1,000 to more than $35,000.
- American Association of Airport Executives (AAAE) offers scholarships through the AAAE Foundation. The scholarships are offered to full-time undergraduate or graduate students who are attending any accredited college or university worldwide. All applications are posted each January and must be postmarked no later than March 31st.
Association for Women in Aviation Maintenance has scholarship opportunities for potential and current students, those transitioning from the military, and for guys too!
- Aviation Technician Education Council (ATEC) presents annually the Ivan D. Livi Educator of the Year Award. It also partners with the Northrop Rice Foundation (see more about NRF, below) in the administration and funding of the James Rardon Student of the Year Award. Those awards are presented at the ATEC Annual Meeting each spring, the nomination deadline is Jan. 31.
- The Chicago Area Business Aviation Association (CABAA) is a grassroots organization formed by business aviation professionals for the purpose of offering our members relevant information, training, and networking experiences to enhance the quality and quantity of business aviation operations in the Chicagoland area. It provides dedicated maintenance scholarships to current and recent graduates.
- Danziger & De Llano, LLP, through Mesothelioma.net, offers qualifying students the chance to win a $2000 scholarship for detailing their personal experiences either living with cancer or watching a loved one battle cancer.
- The Experimental Aircraft Association's scholarship program encourages, recognizes and supports excellence among those studying the technologies and the skills of aviation. These annual scholarships help outstanding students who demonstrate financial need to accomplish their goals.
- Helicopter Association International (HAI) recognizes the outstanding achievements and exceptional merits of individuals and organizations through the Salute to Excellence Awards program. Any individual or organization, whether or not they are HAI members, may submit nominations or be nominated for one or more of the awards. By acknowledging exceptional individuals and organizations, the Salute to Excellence program encourages the highest standards of professionalism in the helicopter industry.
- Helicopter Foundation International (HFI) offers an array of scholarships to answer the need for both qualified helicopter pilots and maintenance technicians, and to provide further training for safety managers and other professionals in the safety field.
- National Air Transportation Foundation (NATF), the research and educational arm of the National Air Transportation Association (NATA), offers several categories of scholarships.
- National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) charities scholarship program, generously supported through Member donors, offers nearly $100,000 annually in cash awards as tuition reimbursement for enrolled students, and nearly the same amount in monetary and training awards for working professionals in business aviation, including pilots, maintenance professionals, schedulers, dispatchers, flight attendants and flight technicians. Take advantage of these offerings to ascend in your aviation career; apply for an NBAA scholarship today.
- The Northrop Rice Foundation (NRF) administers awards and scholarships sponsored and funded by the NRF, ATEC, and other aviation-related firms, associations, and organizations. These awards and scholarships distribute cash or aviation equipment, student tuition assistance, and instructor professional-develop workshop participation opportunities.
- Northwest Data Solutions provides the Aviation Safety Management Scholarship in order to help young leaders drive the aviation safety future. Scholarships are distributed in $1,000 awards.
- Regional Air Cargo Carriers Association (RACCA) Aviation Scholarship promotes and assists in make aviation as a career choice and to make students aware of the opportunities in the air cargo industry.
- Regional Airline Association (RAA) Scholarship provides financial support for the education of individuals who are studying for a career in the airline industry.
- Women in Aviation International (WAI) provides a substantial list of scholarships in a vast array of civil aviation employment and career opportunities for its members.